Saturday, August 25, 2007

Way too hot to work

One would think that in August the summer is coming to an end, but this is not the case :)
It's been hot all day, I drank at least 3 L of fluid but I'm still thirsty.
It's been at least 40 C today. I started working on SQLite support for qOrganizer but it has been way to hot to do anything, still got some things working :). So it was worth it.
SQLite is kind of tricky, at least for what I want to do with it, but I'll figure it out.
qOrganizer is starting to be a pretty neat project, more developers will join after October, I'm receiving many translations.

I plan to integrate SQLite based data storing for version 3.0 and I would also like to clean up the settings dialog a bit, because it's getting crowded, I want to do it with nice little tabs, therefore translations also need to be updated.
I also want to be able to search through events in the calendar , a search box would be nice under the journal but I currently don't really have an idea on how to do this.

So if I finish these till the end of the summer vacation, well that would be neat :)
I could then work on other easier stuff while in school, like documentation and project web page.

I started this in June and it's pretty exciting to see how it developed and how it got where it is now.
Open source is the best way too develop software, and now I can understand why.

Anyway, take care :)

No comments: